10/13/2004

Adventure On

What a crazy few days it has been. We did get a day off on Monday, but we needed it, because Tuesday was super hectic. On top of doing our normal food bank distribution we were taking applications for Christmas assistance (and like my blog description says, I'm sure we all have stories we could share!) One woman blew up at my wife and one of our employees because we asked her for $1.00 to pay for her lst food bank card replacement, which she knew up front. Man, what would this job be like without people.

But enough about my fun day. I want to hear about yours. Post a comment, either about about something I've written or something new entirely.

I'm going to finish now with a devotional thought...because if my D.C. knows all I'm doing is typing on a web page he may find more work for me to do! :0)

This is taken in part from the devotional book "Grace For The Moment", by Max Lucado, page 314.

The Voice of Adventure: "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?" ~Psalm 27:1

Like i said in my last post, we need to start thinking and acting like the founders and originators of our great Movement. We need some adventure in our lives and we need adventurous spirits. The Army needs an adventurous spirit...try new things, try old things that used to work years ago that haven't been tried in awhile...adventure..."Jesus says the options are clear. On one side there is the voice of safety. You can build a fire in the hearth, stay inside and stay warm and dry for what you don't try, right? You can't fall if you con't take a stand, right? You can't lose your balance if you never climb, right? So don't try it. Take the safe route. Or you can hear the voice of adventure. Instead of building a fire in the hearth, build a fire in your heart. Follw God's impulses. Adopt the child. Move overseas. Teach the class." Start that Particular ministry. Pray for those who persecute you. Reconcile.

"Make a difference. Sure it isn't safe, but what is?" He Still Moves Stones

No comments: