1/27/2006

Heart Talks on Holiness

I mentioned in my last post that I started reading this great book by Brengle. I'm only through page 30 in the small paperback edition and it has already had a huge impact on me.

In the chapter titled "Hindrance to Holiness"...the last paragraph...there is a quote that trully struck me.

"Holiness is not some lofty experiance, unattainable except to those who can leap to the stars, but it is rather a lowly experiance, which lowly men in the lowly walks of life can share with Jesus, by letting His mind be in them."
This quote was incredible to me because for a long time, this is what I thought of "the holiness experiance"...that it was "some lofty experiance" for Colonels, Commissioners and the General. But that holiness is for all of us. As followers of Christ, we can all receive it and become it. For the years I've ben an officer I have been preaching and teaching it all the while trying to figure it out at the same time.

No comments: