5/09/2006

Founder's Quote

I was doing a search for some of the Founder's quotes for our Corps webpage (www.use.salvationarmy.org/concord) and I found a very profound quote. The more I read about William Booth and some of his writings and quotes, the more I know how attuned he was to the Holy Spirit and the workings of God.

I know his most famous quote is from his last public appearance and rightly so: “While women weep, as they do now, I'll fight; while children go hungry, as they do now I'll fight; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I'll fight; while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight, I'll fight to the very end!”

But I think this quote is incredible: “In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell.”

He, of course, was speaking of the 1900's as "the coming century", but how true it was then and is today.

For Blood and Fire (used without permission),
Dave

1 comment:

wcs53 said...

Are you serious? They asked you to remove the flag from your site? Somebody obviously has too much spare time to be worrying about things like that.

Hope everything else if fine.
Blessings,
William