5/08/2006

Title and Profile Changes

Well, okay, I've done it. I saluted and deleted: my favorite flag with my favorite phrase. I took the waving Blood and Fire off my profile, but I DON'T LIKE IT! If the Army was worried about what I would say in uniform or out, online or in person, why did they commission me? I also changed the title of my blog (took "The Salvation Army" out)...can't go letting people know what I do for a living.

Doug Burr has been blogging about this subject as well...www.seekerofthelight.blogspot.com

I know that it's not just my blog that was affected, but seriously, does the US TSA leadership not have enough more serious concerns to worry about? There's a reason I chose to put the flag on my profile in the first place. I am proud of The Salvation Army and what we do for the Kingdom of God. I love this strange denomination/movement/church that I minister for and in. If there were certain people that were "giving the Army a bad name" then speak to them and have them remove thier logos, flags, et al.

Okay, I'm done...for now.

For Blood and Fire (used without permission),
Dave

No comments: