2/07/2006

Fellowship and Ministry

Here in the NNE Division we have a once per month Bible Study with other officers. I've enjoyed being my group...it helps that we can choose which group we are going to join. We had our study today and it was great. We've been going through John Stott's book, Contemporary Christian. I have to admit, the first section was pretty boring, but section 2, which we're on now, is much better. It is focusing on The Word and how to respond to It.

As good as the study is...I really just enjoyed being around fellow Christians and worshipping with them and chatting about the struggles facing them in their respective corps. It really made me miss doing the daily "work" of an officer. I know this year was given to my wife and I to get our lives settled again and get Kayla the medicine and doctors she needs, but there are many times when I just feel useless and forgotten. We've been trying to help out more at the corps we're "assigned" to but their is not much going on for us to do. We preach every 4th Sunday, but that's about it.

I don't know, maybe I just need to have more patience.

In His Grip,
Dave

1 comment:

Kapten Clark said...

I want to encourage you, but I'm not sure exactly what to say except that I sort of know how you feel. Our first year here (Estonia) was such a time of transition that it often didn't feel like we were getting any "work" done.

I think that you will come out of this season and be able to look back on it and see how God has used it to prepare you, and also see the work HE was doing!