2/28/2006

Refiner's Fire

One of my favorite choruses to sing is "Refiner's Fire": Words and Music by Brian Doerkson.

I'm sitting here surfing in blogosphere and working on a book my wife and I are writing. I lit a fire in the fireplace for the relaxing crackle. It actually helped me a lot. I love watching the fire. It really is relaxing and it reminds me of that song, "Refiner's Fire" (words and chording below).

Lord, let me be as gold and precious silver...I want to be holy, Lord...set apart for you, Lord...Lord, purify me...make me holy, make me holy



E B C#m
Purify my heart
A B
let me be as gold and precious silver
E B C#m
Purify my heart,
A B
let me be as gold, pure gold


E A B
Refiner's fire
E A B
My heart's one desire
E B
is to be holy
E A B
set apart for You Lord.
E B
I choose to be holy
E A B
set apart for you my master,
A B E
ready to do your will.


Purify my heart,
cleanse me from within and make me holy.
Purify my heart,
cleanse me from my sin, deep within

3 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

Glad to hear you're writing a book! Will it be published by Crest Books at NHQ?

I'm sitting here with a fire to my back, too, but not because I like to hear the roar! :-) It's because it is -15 C right now and we hear out house with wood!

http://meteo.physic.ut.ee/?lang=en

Tim built the fire but it died on him, so I gave it a try and it's doing great now!! :-) (My secret was a paper-towel tube!)

That song has really meant a lot to so many Salvationists. Just yesterday I spoke with a Christian brother who was saying he sins every day, blah blah blah. As usual when I talk to non-Salvationists and the "perfection" thing comes up (people who don't believe in holiness tend to use this word, I've found), I kept quiet.

But the song talks about being PURE! Thanks for the much-needed reminder!

Kapten Clark said...

http://www.goshen.edu/cgi-bin/blosxom/devLent06/2006/Feb/28/bMarch1-Godsrefiningfireb

Saw this and thought of you!

Dave C said...

Thanks!